Facebook Badge

Apr 27, 2012

Day 74 April 27th, 2012

I have been thinking lately about what I have learned so far in the last couple of months. The most important thing I think that I have learned is that everything happens for a reason. I accept that philosophy full-heartedly and I believe it. Last night, I was thinking about some of the mistakes I have made and some of the instances in my life and the choices I have made throughout my lifetime. I always thought I had messed up. I thought I had failed my parents and cheated myself out of having a good life. What I hadn't realized is that everything I have ever done has led me to where I am today, and I am happy. I am glad my life has been the way it has. Do I ever wish I'd done things differently? Perhaps, but I don't regret anything. Every sad thing, everyone that broke my heart, every time I got dumped or rejected or had failed in some way has led me to the me I am today. I love me today. If my last boyfriend hadn't broken things off with me, I would NOT be the girl I am today. I am so happy he did and I can say that with absolutely no doubt in my mind. I had to change. I had to shape up. I wasn't the way I needed to be, for myself and especially for Bentley. We both had to get to a happier place in our lives. I appreciate that and I can't say enough that I'm so glad my life is the way it is today. Everything is falling into place. I am comfortable with my life and the simplest of pleasures. I will never take this life for granted. I can see the big picture now. I can see myself happy no matter what happens and I LOVE it. I can't imagine things being any better than they are now. I owe it all to three people. I have to thank Nathan for giving me the involuntary push I needed, and Stephanie for helping me figure out the mess of my life, and for Bentley for always needing me and being the reason I needed to change. I thank every day I have all of them in my life as well as my family and my friends. They are all my reason for happiness every day. I love all you guys!
Mommy&B

No comments:

Post a Comment